General Terms & Conditions
The information available on this website is designed to provide general information only. The information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. We may also make improvements and/or changes at any time without notice.
1. What do we do with your personal data?
1.1. MADU Beecare, a company with limited liability organised under Belgian law, with statutory seat located at 30 Avenue Fond du Diable, 1310 La Hulpe (Belgium) and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under company number 0755.402.841 processes personal data related to its former and past customers or customers’ representatives, its prospects, its suppliers’ representatives, the visitors to its websites and other data subjects (the “data subject”, “you”, “your”)
2.1.Our company's website and store is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
2.2. We use our best efforts to bring our data processing activities into compliance with applicable data protection legislation, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”) and the Belgian Data Protection Act of 8 December 1992, each as applicable, and as amended, restated or replaced from time to time (the “Applicable Data Protection Law”).
3. Categories of personal data
3.1. We process the following categories of personal data, in particular for the purposes described hereafter:
• Your personal identification data (surname, first name), email address, postal address, for processing your purchase orders, shipping our products to you and supporting our after sales efforts (including returns of purchased items). We will process your telephone number to confirm shipping details. If you order products in a B2B context, we will process your professional identification data (including VAT number) only for invoicing purposes;
• Your email address to enable us to contact you for direct marketing purposes, send you our newsletters and invite you to special customer events;
• Your professional identification data (job function, company address, etc.) for managing our suppliers’ relationships;
• Data related to your professional life (work aptitudes, experience, information on your CV, etc.) for recruitment purposes;
• Your bank account number, only processed when you pay through direct debit;
• Your electronic identification data (IP address, dates and hour of access to the website, pages consulted, etc.), only processed, on an aggregated basis, for measuring our website audience and for generally improving your user experience on our website;
• Your personal identification data and email address when you make a request for information through our website;
3.2. We may also process certain other categories of personal data where their processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
3.3. We may also process your personal data:
• To carry out corporate restructuring operations;
• For the management of disputes with customers, suppliers and other data subjects.
3.4. The provision of your personal data may be necessary for:
• The performance of a contract to which you are a party (e.g. the purchase contract between you and MADU Beecare) or in order to take pre-contractual steps at your request (e.g. in the context of a request for information for the purchase of MADU Beecare products);
• Compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us (e.g. with regard to invoicing, surveillance of our premises, taxation, etc.);
• The legitimate interests pursued by us (or by a data recipient) provided that these interests prevail over your fundamental rights and freedoms.
3.5. In some cases, we will ask for your free, prior and informed consent before processing some of your personal data (e.g. your email address for direct marketing purposes if you are not yet a customer, etc.).
3.6. We do not subject you to decisions based exclusively on automated processing that produce legal effects concerning you or affect you significantly.
3.7. The provision of some of your personal data (e.g. your name, address, email address, etc.) is a condition to the conclusion of the purchase contract for MADU Beecare products.
3.8. The possible consequences of not providing your personal data could include our inability to meet our obligations under the purchase contract (e.g. the shipping of products) or a breach by us of one or more obligations under applicable laws (e.g. accounting or tax laws).
3.9. Please note that we may process personal data contained in the electronic communications you have with us or that you voluntarily provide in the context of a request for information.
4. Source of the data
We may collect your personal data as follows:
• Directly from you, e.g. through the request for information process or product sale (online or in-store); or
• From publicly accessible information (on the Internet).
5. Recipients of your data
5.1. We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients:
• The customer support team;
• The directors of MADU Beecare;
• Our legal counsels and/or lawyers in the context of corporate restructuring operations and litigation proceedings;
• Third party service providers related to the operation and maintenance of the information systems processing your personal data (these providers only have access to the personal data necessary to carry out their missions);
• Third party service providers for shipping our products to you;
• Government entities authorised to access and/or obtain your personal data in accordance with applicable law;
• The courts and tribunals of the judicial order in the event of a dispute involving you;
• Law enforcement authorities in the event of a finding or a suspicion of the occurrence of an offence involving you in accordance with or as required by applicable law.
5.2. In the event of corporate restructuring operations (e.g. mergers or acquisitions), we may transfer your personal data to a third party involved in the transaction (for example, a buyer) in accordance with Applicable Data Protection Law.
6. Third parties
6.1. Your data may be shared with and stored by third party services we use such as Wix.com, Wix Payments, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, DHL, BPost, Paypal and Gmail. We do not control and are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third party vendors we work with.
7. Transfer outside of the European Economic Area
7.1. We transfer your personal data to countries located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States.
7.2. In case your personal data is transferred to countries located outside of the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are taken, such as :
• The country to which the personal data are transferred has benefited from an adequacy decision by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR; or
• Standard data protection contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission pursuant to Article 47 of the GDPR have been established; or
• In case of a transfer of personal data to the United States, the transfer complies with the conditions imposed by the EU-US Privacy Shield under Article 45 of the GDPR.
8.1. We ensure that your personal data are kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
8.2. We use the following criteria to determine the retention periods of personal data according to the context and purposes of each processing operation:
• The date of your last purchase of MADU Beecare products;
• The date of your last visit on the website of MADU Beecare;
• The sensitivity of personal data;
• Security reasons (for example, the security of our premises or of our information systems);
• Any current or potential dispute involving you (for example, a litigation involving the warranty of a MADU Beecare product);
• Any legal or regulatory obligation to retain or delete personal data (for example, a retention obligation imposed by accounting or tax laws).
9. Your rights
9.1. Subject to Applicable Data Protection Law, you have the rights to access, rectify and erase your personal data, the rights to object to or limit the processing of your personal data, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw consent.
10. Right to object to marketing
10.1. If you are a customer, we process your email address for direct marketing purposes.
11.1. We implement adequate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security of your personal data that is appropriate to the risks.
11.2. We take appropriate measures to ensure that we report security incidents leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data.
12. Questions and complaints
13. Payment Services
13.1. The payment services integrated into our website are provided by PayPal (www.paypal.com) and Wix Payments.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
14.1. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. We will inform you of changes we make to this Policy so that you are at any time aware of the way we process your personal data.
14.3. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between a provision of this Policy and a provision of another policy or another document of MADU Beecare relating to the processing of personal data, the provision of this Policy shall prevail.
14.4. This Policy is governed by Belgian law and any litigation arising out of, or in connection with, the formation, execution, interpretation and termination of this Policy will be submitted to the courts of Brussels.